Location: London England
Description: is presently looking of Sedimentology Advisor right now, this career will be placed in England. More complete informations about this career opportunity kindly see the descriptions. Mozambique Assets
Role based in London, UK
Main Job Function
The main objectives of the work are to achieve an understanding of sedimentary environments distribution at basin/exploration to reservo! ir scale for assets evaluation, and integrate diagenesis/petrophysics within the reservoir characterization in order to assess their effect on reservoir performances.
In this frame, the candidate will be required to provide his specialistic contribution to define lithofacies, interpret the depositional layering and sequence stratigraphy of sedimentary successions as part of multidisciplinary exploration and development teams. He will actively participate in the construction of integrated geocellular models honouring all geoscience and petrophysical data to maximize the value of the opportunity.
In particular the following capabilities are required:
- provide the recognition of high-resolution cycles in a sequence stratigraphic framework, using all the available tools (Grav-Mag, 2D and 3D seismics, outcrop data, etc)
- integrate geological information with bore-hole logs and petrophysical data
- evaluate the results of thin-sectio! n petrography and diagenesis studies to improve the understand! ing of the reservoirs behavior.
- promote geological and sedimentological studies as support to asset evaluation or reservoir characterization.
- Compile technical reports, work plans & schedules for the effective management of subsurface workflows for exploration and development project phases.
- Promote use of best-in-class and up-to date technologies and tools.
The candidate is expected to proactively contribute to solve technical problems with state-of-the-art knowledge of process in sedimentology, providing their specialist contribution to develop geologically consistent models from basin to reservoir-scale.
They would be required to actively take part in data room, in a complete autonomy, collecting the most relevant information for further technical-economical evaluation of the offered prospects or reservoir. Specialist contribution in asset evaluations and peer-reviews is mandatory
Candidate s! pecifications
A M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Sedimentary Geology is required.
Minimum of five (5) year of Industrial experience of sedimentology as applied to hydrocarbon exploration and exploitation and work experience on terrigenous hydrocarbon reservoirs.
A sound understanding of associated subsurface disciplines (geophysics, sedimentology, stratigraphy, structural geology, petrophysics, reservoir geology) is needed.
Experienced workstation user familiar with Landmark's Openworks database and geologic/geophysical interpretation packages (Stratworks/Seiswork).
Expertise in ArcGIS, Petrel and geological database management.
Attitude to work in multi-discipline teams and communicate technical results effectively.
For more information about this role please contact our London office
If you were eligible to this career, please email us your resume, with salary requirements and a resume to .
If you interested on this career just click on the Apply button, you will be redirected to the official website
This career starts available on: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 20:10:03 GMT